Monday, July 25

VT

The Orenstein family circus arrives in NY where we meet Gracie and Moe at Herz and load up an SUV that stretches across the inter-state. Yep, holiday in America. We spend our first night in Bronxville (joined by Auntie Katie) and a day in New York , where Sonnet takes Madeleine to Alexander McQueen at the Met - Sonnet tells me that it is the most popular exhibition in the museum's history. I see a few friends, and now Vermont with Marcia and Larry and Susan and Joey and Julia. The last time our together ensemble was Diane's wedding two years ago.

Madeleine: "Dad can I sit in the back seat?"
Gracie: "I want to sit in the back with Madeleine."
Eitan: "Can I sit in the back seat, too?"
Sonnet: "I think you have to climb over the middle seat, Grace."
Eitan: "Why does Madeleine get the back seat with Gracie?"
Sonnet: "Maybe we can turn one of the seats back so Gracie can get in. .."
Madeleine: "I asked first, Eitan, and besides there is only room for me and Gracie."
Sonnet: "I am sure there is plenty of room."
Grace: "Can you move the seat back so I can get in?"
Me: "Get. In. The. Car."
Grace: "Jesus."