Tuesday, June 21

Trio

My wise friend Xavier notes the importance of a "strong woman" in a partnership. I am blessed , having married one, and surrounded by others, like Ada and Mary - pictured. Ada Israeli (married to Shai) and her PhD on playwright Henrik Ibsen. Mary a Director at Thompson Reuters, one of the world's largest media and information companies.


In my industry, private equity, I would guess that <20% Senior Officers or partners female which, as Katie says, "excludes half the smartest minds." When I began my career at First Boston half the Analysts women while I could count on two hands the number of female Managing Directors (fewer black). Pyramid not working, dude. Mary tells me that Boston Consulting, the top strategic consulting firm, has 600 partners of which 25 women; some web research show 33% of the 4,300 consultants female. Columbia Business School's student body aprox. 30% women which is one of the highest ratios for an elite business school.

Hope changed when Madeleine hits the work force.