Sunday, February 6

Madeleine 9

Aggie picks up Madeleine for a surprise movie afternoon and today she celebrates with breakfast-in-bed (tradition dictates) and vanilla cake and ice cream tonight, pictured. Madeleine takes joy giving us un-birthday gifts and I am delighted with a packet of wildflower seeds and a journal to record my observations of the garden. Perfect.

Me: "Any words on being nine?"
Madeleine: "It feels pretty much the same."
Me: "Just wait 'til your my age."
Madeleine: "I just realised that this my last year of single-digits."

Sonnet sings in the kitchen: "♫ Look at me I'm dancing."
Me: "Your mother can sure be weird."
Eitan: "Yeah, Mr-Run-A-Marathon-In-A-Cow-Suit."
Me: "Add 'em up."
Eitan: ". . tell-a-story-in-my-classroom-using-a-cowboy-accent-and-strip-to-your-swim-trunks-in-Madeleine's-class . "
Me: "Any more?"
Eitan: ". . sing-on-the-way-to-school . ."
Me:
Eitan: "Do you really want me to go on?"

At the dinner table.
Madeleine: "Do you know what a 'train track' is?"
Aneta: "No?"
Madeleine: "Well, you know what a train is right?"
Aneta: "Yes."
Madeleine: "A train track is the track thing underneath the train."
Aneta: "Oh, OK, tank you."