Friday, April 2

Sugar

Sonnet recalls Madeleine's pet pineapple, which she named "Perfect Piny." PP was in our house for some time until, Madeleine reminds us, we ate it. The kids now drive each other crazy at the kitchen table doing homework and Kumon (I blog and ignore). Eitan sings the latest Cheryl Cole whatever and Madeleine takes the bait: "Stop it Eitan! I am trying to read!" Eitan: "Go in the other room then." Madeleine: "YOU go in the other room!" and so on and so forth. Sonnet assembles an Easter egg kit for some distraction while the rain lets up for the moment but dark clouds threaten overhead. Sonnet notes: "today for lounging" and I agree.


Over lunch:
Me: "What are some accomplishments we took from last term?"
Eitan: "Um, Manchester United...."
Me: "I mean us. What are you proud of?"
Eitan: "The swimming gala. KPR (who won their division) and Battle Of The Books" (a competition at school).
Madeleine: "Math, hand-writing and my literacy teacher."
Me: "Those are all excellent things. Sonnet, I think the kids deserve some sugar cereal as a reward."
Sonnet:
Madeleine pumps arm: "Yes!"
Eitan: "I want the chocolate chip cookie cereal!"
Madeleine: "I want the one with all sorts of fruity loops."
Me: "You mean Fruit Loops?"
Madeleine: "Yes. And Captain Crunch."
Sonnet: