Saturday, April 3

5K

Every Saturday morning, 9AM, there is a 5K from Richmond Gate which we observe on our way to Eitan's football. Since no practice Easter week-end, the boy decides to to give the race a go and I join him for encouragement and exercise. There are maybe 200 runners from good (winning time around 16 minutes) to the punter. Like me. For his part, Eitan very serious and, at the bang!, off to a quick start despite being counselled by yours, truly, to pace one's self. I suppose everyone learns the hard way. By midway our pace reduced and I have to bite my tongue to not coach him on posture, breathing and etc. &c. I remind myself that Moe never over-stepped when Katie and I youngsters and now it is my turn to let Eitan figure things out or from somebody other than dear old dad. Wish me luck BTW. So, at the race's end, Eitan makes a dash and finishes with style. He is pleased with himself and notes - "no walking."