Wednesday, April 7

Hear My ...

Sonnet, now a full-time mom, takes the kids into town while I to work - here are the little dears, pictured, by Lord Nelson's column (Nelson being out-of-view) and a lion, one of three (NB: England's coat of arms, adopted in 1198, is three lions and a symbol of the kingdom and monarchs. In '95, the song "Three Lions" by the Lightening Seeds the official anthem for the England football team during the European Championships held in England). Roar. After visiting the National Portrait Gallery (Madeleine: "Not another museum! I go to a museum every day." Me: "When was the last time you went to a museum?" Madeleine: "The British Museum , like, three weeks ago." Me: "Ok, before that?" Madeleine: "Who cares Dad.") where they see Irving Penn Portraits, Sonnet heads to Chinatown for a late-lunch. Later, Madeleine brags about chicken's feet, which she orders on her own initiative with delight. She is a risk-taker, my daughter, and I love it.


The BBC reports on the 6PM news that four hedge-hogs are overweight and must be put on a diet. They are unable to "get into a ball." Seriously - I just listened to this.