Wednesday, July 23

Wyoming

Eitan in Jackson Hole
Madeleine: “Can I have a Twizzler?” [Dad’s note: Twizzlers are a twisted gummy candy found only in America as far as I know]
Eitan: “What’s your favourite candy?”
Me: “I’m old school – I like the Marathon Bar, Reggie (briefly popular in ’77 when Reggie Jackson homered 3 times in one game for the Yankees in the World Series) and maybe a Big Hunk.”
Madeleine: “What’s that?”
Me: “Nugget with nuts. How about you?”
Eitan: “Snickers. Malteses. I don't know."
Me: “That’s it? You spend your entire life thinking about these things and that’s all you can come up with?”
Eitan: “Kit Kat!”
Madeleine: “Laffy Taffy, Swedish Fish, Twizzlers.. .does beef jerky count ?”
Me:
Sonnet: "You can have a separate category for junk food. Packaged snacks.”
Me: “God bless America."
Madeleine: “Candy corn!”