Tuesday, June 10

Departure - 1500 - Exam Card

Christian busts a move

After ten days in London and Paris, Christian and Lisa return to Los Angeles and San Francisco, where they split their time together.  Laurance joins us for dinner, taking a break from his energy deal making.

I head for the Allianz Park stadium in Barnet to watch Eitan compete the 1500m in the Middlesex County championships but unfortunately I miss the boy's race due to traffic grrr.  Eitan finishes in 4:55 and not chuffed by the result - the winning time is 4:31 - and fair enough since he has never had a track workout.  In the next few years or even months, his growth spurt will count for more than anything else I suppose.

Madeleine: "Do you think I did well on my exams ?" [Dad's note: Madeleine's year-end exam card arrived by post]
Me: "You did an excellent job."
Madeleine: "Does that mean I can get something, since I did so well?"
Me: "Of course you can, honey. You can use your hard earned money to buy yourself a reward."
Madeleine: "Thank you, Da -- hey, that's not what I meant."
Me: "How do you think the world works, anyway ?"