Tuesday, May 21

The Fonz or Eddie Hascell?


I love Eitan's long hair but he likes it short, so there you go.  There was a moment when Sonnet and I discussed the kids' hair : mostly because Madeleine wanted to cut most of it off.  We decided that, what the hell, it's theirs so they can do what they want with it. Even Brill cream.

Me: "Are you playing games on the computer?" (Dad's note: Madeleine plays games on the computer)
Madeleine:
Me: "Well, turn it off.  Why don't you be that kid who is always reading a book?"
Madeleine: "You always want me to be something I don't want to be."
Me: "It has nothing to do with that. I just want you to read."
Madeleine: "You're always trying to get me to read something I don't want to."
Me: "Never so."
Madeleine: "Yeah well what about that book about the bunnies?"
Me: "Watership Down?"
Madeleine: "It's about rabbits, Dad."
Me: "Fair enough."