Tuesday, May 1

Upper Arlington, Ohio

It takes a village, right ?

Me: "Got any secrets?"
Madeleine: "No."
Me: "Nothing at all?"
Madeleine: "Well, I have one, but I am not telling you."
Me: "Come on, you have to tell me now."
Madeleine: "OK." [Madeleine shares her secret with me]
Me: "Wow, that is a good one."
Madeleine: "Yep, but it's a secret, Ok Dad?"
Me: "Between us. So do you fancy any one?"
Madeleine: "No, I am just a kid still."
Me: "That doesn't mean you can't have a special someone."
Madeleine: "And I have the extra problem that the boys all think that I am a boy."
Me: "Good point. Why do you think it might be nice to have a boyfriend any way?"
Madeleine: "Texting. Skype, kissing and wine."
Me: "Sounds about right."
Madeleine: "Lying in bed all day with nothing to do."
Me: "Let's not get ahead of ourself kid."

"We conclude, therefore, that Rupert Murdoch is not a fit person to exercise the stewardship of a major international company."
--UK panel