Sunday, February 19

Sunday Words

Me: "It's hard being a kid."
Madeleine: "Yeah."
Me: "I remember being worried about taking exams and doing well.  My parents had pretty high expectations for me and Auntie Katie. Especially Moe."
Madeleine: "You have definitely inherited that."
Me: "What do you think of our family?"
Madeleine: "It's OK."
Me: "What could we do better?"
Madeleine: "Less shouting and more fun."
Me: "Is that my role - the shouting bit?"
Madeleine: "Shouting, driving and eating."
Me: "Good to know. Anything else?"
Madeleine: "Swearing, rib-crushing hugs, and rough smooches. Because of your beard."

Me: "Are you happy?"
Madeleine: "Yeah, most of the time."
Me: "Do you think I am happy?"
Madeleine: "Yes."
Me: "How do you know?"
Madeleine: "Because you are singing all the time. Like right now."
Me: "Yes, you are right, you know."

Eitan: "Dad, I just realised that I have never heard your say 'loo' before."
Me: "Oh?"
Eitan: "Just say it. 'Loo'."
Me: "I am not going to say it."
Eitan: "Just say it. Say 'loo' Dad. Please say it."
Me: "Cut it out."
Eitan: "Mom, say 'loo'."
Sonnet: "Loo."
Eitan: "See, Dad? Just say 'loo'. Say it. Come on."
Me: "Leave me alone."
Eitan: "Will you please say it? Please?"
Me: "You know that scene in the Simpsons where Homer strangles Bart by the neck?"
Eitan:  "Yeah."
Me: "Keep. It. Up."