Thursday, August 4

So Busted

Sonnet: "The kids have to take a shower. Can you help me out?"
Me: "It's vacation. Let them go without a shower."
Sonnet: "They stink. They have to take a shower, Jeff."
Later, Me: "Eitan, you have to take a shower."
Eitan: "What?! I took one yesterday."
Me: "Your mother says you stink."
Eitan: "I don't stink."
Me: "Ok, tell you what, go upstairs and turn the shower on and just wet your hair a bit."
Eitan: "Really?"
Me: "Go, but be quick about it."
Later, Eitan: "I was so busted, Dad. Mom came into the bathroom and caught me wetting my hair. "
Me: "Did you tell your mom it was my idea?"
Eitan: "Yeah, I said you told me to do it. "
Me: "You couldn't keep me out of it?"
Eitan: "I'm not getting into trouble for something you did."
Me:
Sonnet: "I cannot believe you told the kids to do that."