Tuesday, June 7

Smooch

Katie sends a smooch from the Upper West Side.


I take the kids to their tutor Stephanie and have an hour free-time with each. Eitan and I go jogging along the Thames, starting around the Putney peers, which is a treat for me to have his companionship. The boy is a good runner, too. Afterwards, Madeleine and I head for Waitrose so she can talk me into buying her some "Strawberry string" (yuk). I give her one pound and tell her : "go for it." Sonnet works late on her next majah expo : Italian fashion, which is up for approval later this month.

Madeleine, out of the blue: "Dad would you have your wedding at the Putney Pool?"

Madeleine at Waitrose: "Look, Dad, the Jelly Beans Eitan got."
Me :
Madeleine: "And here it's 80p and he paid six pounds."
Me: "Sounds like a bad deal for him."
Madeleine: "Can I buy some?"
Me: "If it's less than £1, sure."
Madeleine: "Look at this one. It is one pound and 1p."
Me: "Mmmm"
Madeleine: "Can I have one p?"
Me: "Nope."
Madeleine: "You are so cruel, Dad."

Madeleine: "You're the math guy and mum's the literacy girl."

Madeleine: "Are you going to be a butcher?
Me: "Um. ."
Madeleine: "Didn't you say you were going to learn how to be a butcher so you can cut up a cow?"
Me: "Right, good memory - I was thinking about a class for that earlier this year but I don't think I am going to do it."
Madeleine: "Good because I don't want you to bring home a dead animal."