Wednesday, April 27

Arcon Payloader

My and Madeleine's rocket nearly complete, pictured, requiring only black fin paint and the decals. Then blast off, baby. I have yet to investigate if one is actually allowed to launch, you know, a missile in Richmond Park given the flight path to Heathrow follows the nearby Thames. I do, however, note a park-posting that propeller-powered model airplanes permitted yet not meant above 40 feet. My D12-7 Estes Model Rocket Motors promise 2,500 feet of lift which is, like, a multiple on London's tallest building. I can understand a worry.

Madeleine: "Mom, when I grow up, I want to live in California. If I have kids, I want to raise them there."
Sonnet: "That's great. You've got an American passport. You can do that."
Madeleine: "The problem with that is I would be far away from you."
Sonnet: "Well maybe by that time I will be living in California too. Oh, but maybe you wouldn't want me living that close to you."
Madeleine: "Don't worry, Mom. By then I will be over the teen-age years. It will be fine."
Sonnet:

Madeleine: "Can I have some ice cream?"
Me: "No."
Madeleine: "Today is opposite day. Wednesday is always opposite day. So when you say 'no,' it really means 'yes' and I am gong to have some ice cream."
[Madeleine opens the refridgerator.]
Me: "Go ahead, have some. There won't be any consequences. I assure you."