Sunday, March 20

Bus

Eitan has a swimming gala so the morning logistics complicated. Sonnet up at 6:05AM to drive Madeleine to the pool then returns to get me and the boy, returning to the pool so she can pick up another swimmer then Guildford and me with Madeleine to bring her home on the bus, pictured. We take the the top of a double decker which, even to this day, thrills - look out, said the passenger, we're going to hit those tree branches. Busdriver don't care.


We visit Cafe Nero for a hot-chocolate and a chocolate muffin.

Last night Sonnet and I make an appearance at a school fundraiser themed "Robbie Williams" which means dancing and an open bar. The DJ plays Big Band a la Frank Sinatra - he's pretty good, too - while I watch Sonnet shimmy in front of me, high heels accentuating her curves. How lucky I am. Aneta remains with the kids and surprised - surprised! - when we walk in the door at 10:45PM. In her book, the evening just starting at this hour for Pete's sake and last weekend she tip toed upstairs, 6AM. If ever there was a reminder I am on the other side of youth it is her incredulous look: "you are home already?" she asks redundantly.