Wednesday, August 11

Ze Family

Here we are this morning, shortly before Gracie and Moe return to the Bay Area (we stay through the week end and will see the gang tomorrow). Katie is sadly missing for the picture as she return to New Yawk on Sunday.


More dinner table discussions about work.
Sonnet: “How many years of education do you think Moe and Grace needed to do what they do?”
Madeleine: “Including reception?”
Me: “Including reception.”
Madeleine: “For Gracie, 25 years.”
Eitan: “For Moe, 25 years and for Gracie, 15.”
Madeleine: “What? Only 15? They call Gracie 'The Big Cheese!' (Grace was the Executive Director of The Link To Children, a non-profit that she founded to provide early childhood mental health; she is now Clinical Director).
Grace: “25.”
Madeleine: “See! I knew it!”
Grace: “I was unusual since I was working so spread my PhD over several years."
Moe: “I went straight through to Law School, so 20."
Sonnet: “I would like to bring home the point: you have a lot of studying ahead of you.”
Eitan, Madeleine:
Sonnet: “A lot of work but it can be a lot of fun.”