Sunday, August 8

Hammock

Over dinner, we have a conversation about the value of money.
Katie: “How much do you think your house cost?"
Eitan, matter-of-factly: “About two thousand pounds”
Madeleine: “That guy (Richard, who sold us the house) said it is fifty pounds. But that is just a lie.”
Me:
Madeleine: “Natasha showed us a house as big as Eitan's foosball table and it was between £4,000 and £5,000.”
Eitan: “No it is not.”
Madeleine: “It is. You just did not see it in the newspaper!
Me:

At the rec club.
Madeleine: “Give me ten dollars.”
Sonnet: “Try again.”
Madeleine: “Give me ten dollars now.”
Sonnet:
“Assuming you change your manners and I give you ten dollars, what are you going to do with that money?”
Madeleine: “I don't know. That is why I'm going the snack bar.”
Eitan: “I want some nachos and chocolate.”
Madeleine: “I am going to get a slushie. Or some skittles.”
Me: “You eat that stuff?
Madeleine: “Dad! We're kids. Of course we do.”