Saturday, June 12

Summer Chores

Ok, here is my morning: Up at 7AM for Madeleine, who is picked up at swimming. I race Eitan to football practice to be home in time for Madeleine's return, then bolt out the door (snack to hand) for her performance class. I have a scant few moments to get Eitan then together, we visit the dump, gas up the car and hit the Home Depot before home. Phew. Eitan's good mood falls like BP's market cap when he hears those dreaded words: backyard chores. He slumps around until I get irritated and tell him he is getting close to a yellow card, which means losing a World Cup game. "What's a red card?" he inquires. That's easy, miss an England match. He stiffens and suddenly I realise what an easy month this is going to be.


Eitan: "I love the name of the player who scored for South Africa yesterday."
Me: "What was it?"
Eitan: "Shaba-laba."
Me: "Get out, that's excellent."
Eitan: "You spell it t-s-h-a-b-a-l-a-b-a. "