Saturday, June 19

Hike

Sonnet was in Colorado last week with her family to celebrate Ray's life. Here, she and Marcus are on a hike from Telluride or nearby her parents home outside Montrose. She tells me they reached a 'spectacular waterfall' and had a picnic lunch. Marcus is finishing a screen play for a television series which he hopes to sell. It is about NGO workers in world hot-spots like Afghanistan - recall, dear reader, that Marcus has helped to set up girl schools in this part of the world. He also contemplates a move to Portland, Oregon, which we both agree is a great city and well suited for his temperament. Otherwise, Marcus has been in Seattle for the last five years.


Madeleine stuffs some notes in her pocket.
Me: "Excuse me, but those are not yours. Besides, you cannot spend them here - they are euros."
Madeleine: "You mean I can have them?"
Me:
Madeleine: "Oh, I thought you said they 'are yours.'"

Eitan to Sonnet: "Will you make me some hot cocoa?"
Sonnet: "Why don't you make yourself some breakfast?"
Eitan: "Well, that is not what I asked."

Me to Eitan, hovering over my shoulder and munching on a sticky bun: "Do you have anything you want to add to my blog?"
Eitan: "It's not a sticky bun."
Me: "Well, what is it?"
Eitan: "I don't know. It's not a sticky bun."
Me: "Well, find out what it is?"
Eitan: "It is not a sticky bun."
Me: "A sticky roll?"
Eitan: "No. It is not a sticky roll or a sticky bun."
Me: "What the hell is it then?"
Eitan: "Dad! You can't write that!"