Friday, May 28

Friday Night

Well, slowly but surely, our living room comes together. The TV is hooked up, anyway, and Eitan watches the 2006 World Cup final between Italy and France while I blog. He earns the privilege by doing the dishes. Madeleine upset when she learns football and not cartoons but I tell her she can choose tomorrow's program or she can do some chores herself if she wants something tonight. She slinks upstairs to play with her hamster. The kids' half-term break next week+bank holiday week-end so I figure the Shakespeares can stay up as late as they wish and watch television or do whatever. In fact, they are now old enough to put themselves to bed. Just like that - our evening sorted.


Me: "Got anything funny to say for my blog?"
Eitan: "Naa."
Me: "You must have something?"
Eitan: "No."
Me: "Say something clever."
Eitan: "Uhhh. . Ok, here's a riddle. I have keys, but no locks. Um. I crash but don't move. What am I?"
Me: "I have no clue."
Eitan: "A computer."
Me: "Did you make that up?"
Eitan: "I don't know. I'm watching TV."