Wednesday, December 30

Practice And Goals


The past few days Eitan and I up at the crack of dawn to work the football skills, which means Dad commanding the boy to run laps, do jumping stars, ball control and long kicks.  I have been waiting 25 years for this, I tell the boy, ever since those cold mornings pool side where Coach seemed to have the best job in the world.  Eitan improves, too - he practices his target-shots aiming for the goal posts and gleeful when struck. Since it starts raining, we call it a day.

We set out goals for the spring school term.
Madeleine: (1) to improve hand-writing; (2) multiplications, 1-11; (3) learn how to make meat loaf "by heart."
Eitan: (1) stop peeing in the bed; (2) 100% every week in Kumon; (3) KPR to League One.
We sign the bottom of the page, which is posted in the kitchen.

Eitan to Natasha: "I am going to clean the counter with extreme prejudice."

Eitan: "Dad, can I make cleaning up after dinner my chore every day?"
Me:
Eitan:
Me: "Is this a trick?"