Friday, December 4

Party Girl

Sally Bercow
Here’s for trying one on. Sally Bercow (photo: Mail Online) wants to be an MP and comes clean in today's Evening Standard : “I was a big drinker in my twenties, I started drinking at Oxford, being a party girl, and it got out of control. “  And more: “I got a grip for a while, but in the mid-Nineties I was working in advertising and I would drink wine at lunch then go out and drink a bottle in the evening; most evenings really.  I had not stop button.” And further: “Well, Ok, it was sometimes more like two bottles, except I promised John (husband John Bercow, Commons Speaker) I wouldn’t say that. I was a stropy drunk, picking arguments with my bosses over stupid things.  I’d fall asleep on the Tube and end up in Epping or Heathrow“  Yowza:: “I would end up sometimes at a bar and someone would send a drink over, and I think, ‘Why not?and we’d go home together.”  Her husband probably one of those guys – poor fella probably thought he was special. Still, how refreshing that somebody running for office owns up to their youth rather than being exposed by it.  Today, Bercow sober for nine years and has a family with four kids.  I might vote for her.  


Eitan: "I was sent to (School Deputy Head) Mr H's offices today."
Me: "Oh?"
Eitan: "Yes. Ms S sent me there because I wrote such a good poem."
Me: "What was the poem about?"
Eitan: "It was about a brain. It was a poem about a brain."
Me: "Was any one else selected?"
Eitan: "Yes, Shahine.  He wrote about bacon."