Monday, April 13

Wanton


Marcus turns a decade. An Asian fellow once told me of a Chinese proverb: "At 45, you know your destiny" so I have a few years to go yet but must say: I am pretty happy to continue as-is for a while yet. Sure, there is material crapolla I would enjoy but really - kids healthy, wife happy .. I've got a marathon to work on. So I'm sitting here on a bank-holiday-weekend blogging and watching "Clueless" with Alicia Silverstone - a total babe BTW and since I have seen her in nothing else since '95, I shall know her in her youth. Paul Rudd also in the movie .. and it's a pretty good teen-flic too which I find entertaining in my .. middle age. It is certainly a vision of being a high-schooler in California and makes us look, ahem, pretty good. Certainly better than the binge-drinking, sexed out "yobs" in this country. Well, it is not so bad in the UK but sometimes it feels that way thanks to the media's interest in teen vices - hey, the kids here just wanna have fun. And mostly they do, for surz.

"Okay, so you're probably going, "Is this like a Noxzema commercial or what?" But seriously, I actually have a way normal life for a teenage girl."
Cher, Clueless

Madeleine, at the Royal China restaurant: "Please pass the tampons." (she means "wanton")