Monday, September 10

Katie, Sharon and Noa

Here's a cute photo live from the Upper West Side. I'm in Paris today following a scramble out the door to catch my 0700 train. Why is it that your bill-fold and keys always disappear when you need to get the fuck out the door? Between meetings I manage to sneak in a five-miler from Le Crillon up the Seine, circling La Cité and The Dame returning through the Louvre and Jardin des Tuileries - a run I have done many times before but always special. The Parisiens have resurrected their giant feris wheel at Concorde looking straight up the Champs-Élysées to the Arc de Triomphe. It is a beautiful city.

I discover that Eitan or Madeleine has stolen my cuff-links leaving me in a pickle for tomorrow morning. I am aware that the kids are hoarding their treasures which includes, among other things, twine, crystals, a hackey sack, last Halloween's candy (Eitan), coins in various currencies and a dvd player which no longer works. Beauty, as they say, is in the eye of the beholder. And so too is value.

At Le Faubourg I watch the film "Anaconda" with J Lo and Ice Cube. Awaful but fun - I kinda want to see which celeb gets it first.