Saturday, February 25

Deb

Debbie and I met in, like, 7th grade : she dated my best friend Wylie and I her neighbour, Sarah, my first girlfriend who, along with being runner-up valedictorian at Berkeley High, was also well developed for her age. My first kiss, in fact, took place with Sarah that year, 1979, when yours, truly, made his move, connected, and tripped, landing in the street gutter staring at the starry sky. Some things never change.

Today Deb is a theatre actor whose credits include A Traveling Jewish Theater, Member of the Board of Directors at Central Works, Producing Partner at Branch Out Films, performance artist at BadUnklSista, Actor, "The Appraisal" at Bad Kid Films, actor at Aurora Theatre Company, On Camera Acting, Instructor at UC Berkeley, Extension, Actor at SF Playhouse, Actor at Thick Description, customer service, management, special events at 42 degrees.

I recall Deb in the 9th grade production of "Cabaret" where she played the perfect Sally Bowles (made famous by Liza Minnelli, or vice versa). She has never looked back.