Friday, May 13

Life's A Ball

Sonnet and Oriel at Blythe house, where the gals have been all week photographing ball gowns.

Last night we dine at St John's with Beth, Sonnet's former colleague at William-Sonoma, and her friend Laurie. They are checking out a few retail businesses while having some fun. I went to college with Beth's brother Doug and, on the lip of the Ngora Ngora crater, in an ancient English bar, there he was. Years later Beth and I re-united on Russian Hill, San Francisco, when I first was dating Sonnet. Since then, Beth has moved up the executive ranks of W-S while Doug to Stanford Business School then bought a company.

At St John's I enjoy a pig's spinal chord on toast with gherkin and red onion for an appetizer and Chitterlings and fava beans for my mains, washed down with a '07 Chianti. Of course. Chitterlings are the intestines of a pig that have been prepared as food.