Sunday, December 13

KPR 3, Rocks Lane 2


The boys win their quarter-final match of the Invitation Cup in another exciting game, once again in over-time.  Eitan draws first blood with a beautiful little cut and dice through three defenders then his boot solidly on the ball - goal! Rocks Lane comes back to tie, then we're up and another equaliser inside the final minutes of game-time.  The pitch is smaller than usual, so there is considerable contact between players and less passing than ideal for "the beautiful game." Rocks Lane a physical team who easily match ours in stature (Eitan: "they would not shake my hand with them at the end because I was being a bit rough").  In overtime, Fred nails a 25 footer that clangs the goal post and hits the line. Since nobody, including the ref, knows if its a goal, silence. Then the Law of the Loudest Side into effect and our dads whoop and holler - we win!  After the match, coach Dave (pictured, back-row with hat on) hosts a party for the kids and their families.  Eitan happy with his choice of KPR and I am happy Dave and John care about the boys and not too caught up in the league table. But just enough.

Me: "Eitan, you are not to listen to Harry Potter and do Kumon."
Eitan: "It's my room and I can do whatever I want."
Me: "When you do your practice, I need your full brain."
Eitan: "You are not the boss of me!"
Me: