Thursday, August 14

Stitch


Silver saves Mellon Orange Belly Collie Bear who, despite a $22 price tag, is not made to er world class.

Montrose has God everywhere. Sonnet counts at least five places of worship on her morning run including two Episcopalian within four blocks of each other (one reformed, Dear Sister). We pass by a sign on the main drag that asks: "Is God your pilot or co-pilot?" (I am not sure what the right answer is). 58% of the city is religious compared to 50% of America. Catholics are most present at 22% followed by Protestant (15%) and Methodist and Lutheran each at 8%. There are no Muslims surprise-surprise. This is big time Republ-e-cun territory with 69% of the voters registered that way and the GOP main offices on Main Street. Guns, God and gays oh my. I know to keep my mouth shut when at Walmarts.

Katie arrives at the Chuck Jaeger International Airport ("international" because of a flight to Mexico) and I kick-fight the kids at the airport. The idea to kick your opponent - no hands allowed and only one child at a time. We really wack each other too - and despite the hard hits, the kids squeal in delight and no tears. My new game drives kids wild and Sonnet crazy but what the heck - it burns some energy.

Eitan refuses sun block and looks me square in the eye: "I'd rather get cancer."