Saturday, March 31

America Here We Come

We depart Terminal 5 this morning which now seems like last month after a 14 hour flight to Denver connecting via Dallas.  Eitan and Madeleine bloat on media including "Puss in Boots" (Eitan), "Sherlock Homes" (Madeleine), Simpsons (both) , Lion King (both), Premiere League football highlights (Eitan) and other in-flight crapola (Me, I read "War And Peace." No kidding - I really am ).

Me: "Good news, guys, they are going to let you on the plane." 
Eitan: "Yessss!"

Me: "You know, Madeleine, if they find a knife or a gun when you are going through security they lock you in that room over there, sometimes for three or four weeks."
Madeleine: "Really? Mom, is dad joking?"
Sonnet:
Me: "I never joke about security."
Madeleine: "Now I know you are joking."
Me to security guard, winking: "Do you lock kids up in that room for three or four weeks if you find a knife or a gun in their bag?"
Security officer: "Yes siree. We take passenger safety seriously here young lady. I would hate to see you in that room for a while . ."
Me: "See?"
Madeleine: "Oh my God."