Sunday, November 20

Sonnet Home


Sonnet back to us and we pick her up @ T5 following 7AM swim practice (groan, Madeleine to tears)

Madeleine: "Dad will you stop singing please."
Eitan: "I've never been so cold in my life."
Me: "Don't worry, the car is warming up. Don't you like my singing?"
Madeleine: "Not really."
Me: "I remember driving to swim practice and Moe was always the happiest one in the car. Go figure."
Madeleine: "He probably wasn't jumping into the freezing cold water."
Me: "Our pools outdoors. Plus we had to walk from the car to the pool in the freezing cold rain in the dark."
Madeleine: "What would you do if the pool froze over?"
Me: "I don't think it ever happened."
Madeleine: "Well, what would you do?"
Me: "Go ice skating. In my pants."
Eitan: "Dad!"
Madeleine: "At least you wouldn't have to get in the water, then."

Me, listening to the radio: "Do you guys like Elton John?" ['Call it the Blues' plays]
Eitan: "Yeah, I guess so. I used to get him mixed up with Nelson Mandela."
Me: "Oh?"
Eitan: "Their names are kinda the same, like, with the 'l.'"
Me: "Makes sense."
Eitan: "Plus I thought Nelson Mandela was a singer."