Wednesday, February 16

Madeleine's Crew

Pictured, outside our house.


Here's my shocker: 140,000 hard drives crash every week in the US (Mozy.com, thank you very much). Last month I came within an inch of losing everything since my hard-drive back-up and online back-up incorrectly partitioned preventing me access my data. $%^&* Sony re-installed my op-system while repairing my (*&^*£ non-Mac notebook. Saving my bacon: the discovery that my backed up files being continuously deleted so when I click the Mozy dust bin, there is was my data. I could give a toss about everything accept my contacts and photos, whose loss would have haunted me to the grave.

Eitan, over breakfast, looks up from his book: "Mom what would you do if I became a robot probe?"
Sonnet: "You mean like a space robot?"
Eitan: "Yes. Like a robot probe."
Madeleine, not looking up: "Order you around, of course."

Me: "You'd like that, wouldn't you?"
Madeleine: "Yep."
Me: "What would you have him do?"
Madeleine: "I'd order him to the store to buy all the chewy sweets that I like."