Sunday, June 13

Boss Of Me

Yes, following a week without Sonnet who is in the states with her family until tomorrow, this picture pretty much captures the moment.


Me: "Anything interesting to say for the blog?"
Eitan: "I am so glad to be done with my homework so now I can frolic."
Me: "What does that mean?"
Eitan: "I am going to play football in the garden."

Madeleine finds a dragon fly on its last legs. She takes sympathy and makes a cage complete with potted plant, a few leaves and a fish-tank castle.
Madeleine: "What do dragon flies eat?"
Me, after googling: "Looks like they are carnivores and eat bugs."
Madeleine: "Can I feed it some bugs?"
Me: "Sure, if you can find them. Won't you feel bad for the bugs?"
Madeleine: "Well, I like the dragon fly more."

Madeleine rushes into the living room with a centipede in her palm: "Is a centipede a bug?"
Me: "Yes. Actually, I have no idea."
Madeleine: "Will the dragon fly eat it?"
Me: "It might eat the dragon fly."
Madeleine: "This is a bit of a problem, isn't it dad?"

Eitan: "Dad do you realise that mum's nearly home and we have survived the most of it?"
Me: "Thanks for pointing that out."
Eitan: "Can I have some pretzels?"
Me: "No."