Sunday, March 7

You've Got The Love

Eitan reads an American book "A Diary Of A Wimpy Kid": "Dear Auntie Lorreta, thank you so much for the awesome pants. How did you know I wanted pants for Christmas? I love the way they look on my legs." Eitan cracks up ("pants," dear reader, is underwear in Britain. And: "All my friends will be so jealous when they learn that I have my very own pants."

Sonnet up and out the door at the crack of dawn, setting the alarm for 8AM in case this "lazy lunker" (as Madeleine would say), moi, is not out of bed. Sonnet, as many of you may know, is taking a five-month work-leave from the V&A to spend time with the kids and me and, most importantly, herself. The museum has been a ten year effort and before that, the Courdault Art Institute which brought us to England in '97. Our transition not easy - me knowing not one person nor suited for the climate - but her strength and guidance has brought us to a wonderful place which educates our children and allows us to live if not thrive. She is deserving of her time.

Me: "Madeleine do you have anything to say for my blog?"
Madeleine: "No."
Me: "How about something better."
Madeleine: "Dad."