Saturday, December 5

Musing


Here's the poor boy before learning that football cancelled on account of soggy fields. Madeleine meanwhile at swim team, so Eitan and I clean house. That is, I threaten him with demerits if he does not pitch in and so he does.  I know a kid has distractions and Monty or Match Of The Day a powerful draw but I do get him to vacuum and straighten his room.  We have guests for dinner, you see, and Sonnet meanwhile bakes cakes for the school Christmas Fair.  I pull a cramp and duck out of the afternoon preferring the week end Times and a nap.  Sue me. Ok, Sonnet none to happy about preparing dinner and setting the table but in my defense I do fix a proper vodka martini and tonight sees several.  Dr Cannon, may he RIP, would be proud. Three families join us and, as I toast, "our children make us look good."   The group includes us, two doctors, two business men and two educators+ten children.  A good mix. We discuss all the usual stuff including local news, Tiger and Mad Men, my favorite since I want to be Don Draper.  So I will never be so perfect but away from the office I am Ok, which Sonnet reminds me with a kiss, after the dishes, as she heads upstairs to bed.  The kids tucked in and I blog while listening to new band XX and it rains.  We may not have it all, but we have it good.