Wednesday, December 9

Holiday Picture, Take 1


This year I am under-the-gun for the holiday photo. So this afternoon I scoop up the Shakespeares from school, race home so they can (unwillingly) change and dash to Richmond Park for the fading sunlight. Sky overcast, of course.  I ignore the obvious postings and drive the car into the park's middle (pictured, the kids observe a police car snooping around ours about 200 meters away which I ignore).  With us Natasha and Eitan's school pal Joseph, who was not expecting such drama and plays it low. Smart kid.  Despite cajoling, pleading, begging and threatening I am unable to get the mood I am after, you know - cheerful, Godamnit. Since 4PM, the sun goes down anyways so we call it quits and head for home. Me discouraged and pissed but cheered not to get a ticket for blatently contravening the rules (as I tell Natasha: "some rules meant to be broken"; she does not agree). Eitan gets the final barb in: "you were the one who made us grumpy so it is not our fault the photos bad."  And fair enough he is.



Eitan: "Luke gets two hours of television a day."
Me: "Well, that makes him lucky."
Eitan: "No. That makes us unlucky."