Thursday, June 25

Another Shot From Richmond Park


Bong and all,
Michael Phelps wins the 100 meter butterfly yesterday in 50.48 seconds, flirting with the world record as he continued his 2009 World Championship build-up at the Canada Cup. Phelps was eight-hundredths outside the world record of 50.40 held by compatriot Ian Crocker, in this past weekend’s competition. He also improved on his personal best time of 50.58sec, set in winning gold at Beijing. I remember times like this in yards, which qualified for the finals at Northcoast. Could this be the first guy under the mythical 50 seconds for the 100 meter fly? Wow. Was he shaved I wonder?

This litte nugget from the Metro caught my attention: Canterbury has been told it is "gay enough" following a two-month inquiry costing thousands of pounds. The Kent Cathedral city was found to sufficiently promote lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender culture by the Local Government Ombudsman after a complaint by a gay group. A team of three council officers had to provide "details of touring plays and musicals, for example, which would be of interest to the LGBT community." I wonder if this includes cellar bondage and rubber parties? Anyways, a council spokesman said: "We're delighted." Amen, brother.


Madeleine: "Dad, did you know that house is bigger on the inside then the outside?"
Me: "Well, how so?"
Madeleine: "It takes me longer to run around inside then around the outside."
Me: "It seems possible .. . "
Madeleine: "It is just like St Paul's. It takes me forever to get across inside."

Me to Eitan: "Are you going to have a haircut before the Olympics?"
Eitan: "Daaad"
Me: "Ok, how about by University?"

Madeleine to me: "You you that thing where you squirt water out of your hands? Do you? Well I can do it now!"

Eitan, before bath: "Do I have to wash my hair?"
Me: "Yes"
Eitan: "Do I have to use soap?"
Madeleine: "Do we have to use water?"