Saturday, November 8

PC


The kids maul each other this morning, an otherwise peaceful morning Dear Sir, after Eitan unintentionally steps on Madeleine's hand and she punches him. The tension escalates to a fight and I holler: enough! Madeleine thinks, as ever, that I favor Eitan but she knows the game: strike then counter-defense: "he did this! His fault!" before racing upstairs in tears. They just need to get outdoors on an overcast Saturday morning and fortunately two hours of football solve the problem. I do get Madeleine to apologise but Eitan is in no mood to accept her gesture.

I'm feeling a bit slow today after a full loop of Richmond park for my power-walk, which takes >two hours. Hey I am really getting into this walking thing and even buy some walking-shoes. Pretty gay, I know, but they add different support than my usual runners. Walking is a good balance to lifting, swimming and jogging without the pounding or soreness+efficient without the groan-factor of lane lapping or the first few miles of a run. Plus Richmond park is a pleasure and yesterday gives me vibrant oranges, yellows, reds and green. Magnificent. Now is the deer culling so the gates closed dusk and dawn for six weeks.

Eitan checks out Torres Top Ten Goals, which he would do all day if allowed. Cal vs. USC today.

"I always jest to people, the Oval Office is the kind of place where people stand outside, they're getting ready to come in and tell me what for, and they walk in and get overwhelmed in the atmosphere, and they say, man, you're looking pretty."
W., Washington, D.C., Nov. 4, 2004