Thursday, September 4

School Drop


The kids awake in a fine mood and now seem adjusted to the new routine, teachers and all. Here we are this morning. I bump into the community and everybody cheerful for some social interaction following the summer's break, though I quietly duck out of offers to get mid-morning coffee. I was in Paris yesterday and the seasons are turning - it is my favorite city which is perhaps unfair since whenever I visit it is usually to the 8th which is like Belgravia or Knightsbridge - that is, the most manicured of the city. No time for museums unfortunately.

I have become compulsive about Sarah Palin as has America: she is on the cover of US World and News, OK! magazine and People - wow! When compared to dour old Britain with Alistair Darling announcing a "60 years recession" we could use a little bit of spunk and liteness over here. Our English friends just love to talk about American politics. So running this morning I ask myself: "Isn't Palin's son going to war a classic conflict of interest?"