Friday, August 8

Spectacle(s)


Madeleine and I spend the afternoon together. More correctly, I beg her to join me at the Coffee Trader and she agrees only after being promised a treat (Sonnet stays with Eitan who watches a ManU video). At CT I suggest we go to buy sun glasses for me and she immediately pipes in "great! I need new glasses too." We argue a bit and I hold up three fingers -she replies "four!" and so it goes. At the optometrists, Madeleine picks out a green, octagonal pair - no indecisiveness here (the lens BTW are non-refracting). After the spectacles we go to Silver's hair salon and again she has a vision: short on the side with a fringe - which BTW I learn was verboten by Sonnet sometime earlier. The whole thing looks, well, a little Harry Potter-ish which seems reasonable as the kids have been listening to Harry every night since, like, forever.

Madeleine announces she is the Number One student in her class. Eitan, from back seat and side of mouth: "yeah, right."